Laterite is a data, research and analytics firm specialized in complex development challenges. We work with universities, global think tanks, international NGOs, multilateral donor organizations, and government ministries and agencies. Our clients include, for example, the World Bank, USAID, TechnoServe, Promundo, the Mastercard Foundation, and several UN agencies.
We currently have offices in the Netherlands, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, and Tanzania. The team brings together more than 80 full time local and international staff, as well as 1,000+ enumerators across all countries. We are proud to be a culturally diverse organization, and we welcome applications from groups currently under-represented in our team. Learn more: www.laterite.com
We work in socio-economic development research projects. We believe that impact is a long-term endeavour that requires being embedded in the local context. Delivering high-quality research requires building local teams and data collection systems, knowing the country, and establishing close working relationships.
One of Laterite’s key strategic goals is to create a collaborative and rewarding working environment for our staff, where every team member feels engaged, represented, and heard. Laterite is committed to create opportunities for learning and career development within the team and across our offices.
You may also like:
- 17 Internships at UNHCR (December 2023)
- German Agency for International Cooperation recruitment : Open Jobs
- World Vision Recruitment : Current Jobs & Application
- WHO recruitment : Open Jobs & Vacancies
- Australia Embassy Recruitment : 8 Open Jobs
- ILO recruitment ( December 2023) : Open Jobs/Application
- OXFAM recruitment ( December 2023) :Open Jobs
Laterite is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
What you will do:
We are looking for a new Analyst with an understanding of data analysis and a strong motivation to work in social and economic research with a focus on Sub-Saharan Africa. Our new colleague will:
- Work on research projects – supporting the ethical approval process, design of research instruments and research designs, conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis, drafting sections of reports, and keeping clients updated on progress.
- Contribute to data collection planning – coding survey instruments on SurveyCTO, working closely with the field teams to develop training materials and going on field visits to better understand data collection processes.
- Contribute to quality assurance tasks – working closely with the field teams to monitor and clean incoming survey data.
- Contribute to analysis and reporting – together with other research team members working on a project
As part of our Research Team, you will be able to develop skills and experience in:
- Technical research design, including sampling and impact evaluation methodologies.
- Project management and client communication.
- Data analysis, statistical techniques and coding.
- Report writing: drawing insights from data and presenting them in a client-ready, consultancy quality format.
What you will bring:
- A completed Master’s degree in Economics, Public Health, Development or related fields
- One year of professional experience with similar tasks. (We are happy to consider internships, work on dissertations or within an academic research group for this, if you can show us how your experience meets what we are looking for)
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills and proficiency in Stata
- Experience working with ODK-based platforms (e.g., SurveyCTO)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
In addition, we welcome:
- Written and oral communication
- Previous work experience in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Organizational and interpersonal skills, self-motivation and drive to work in a collaborative environment.
What’s in it for you?
Laterite offers a competitive remuneration package, including medical insurance and 21 days of annual leave. We are also committed to supporting our staff’s learning, providing an annual learning budget of up to $1,000 per person and 10 days of time off for professional learning each year. We also provide remote work options in accordance with Laterite’s remote work policy.
The salary for this role is between RWF 2,030,000 and RWF 2,570,000 net per month. The salary is paid in local currency and is re-adjusted for any devaluation in the currency compared to the US dollar based on the latest exchange rate (USD to local currency) of January 1st each year. The exact salary grade will be determined based on the selected candidate’s experience and performance in interviews. Salaries are pegged against the pay matrix, and grades are reviewed every 6 months. There is ample opportunity for growth both in terms of salary scales and roles. Promotions at Laterite are reviewed every 6 months during our performance evaluation.