University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) Kigali, Rwanda
University of Global Health Equity is on a mission to radically change the way health care is delivered around the world. UGHE is a new university based in Rwanda that is building the next generation of global health professionals—doctors, nurses, researchers, and public health and policy experts—into leaders and change-makers who strive to deliver more equitable, quality health services for all.
We believe that building bridges across sectors is a necessity to sustainably transform health education and delivery globally, but also to eliminate the gap between the most and least disadvantaged.
Hamwe Festival, a platform that brings the health sector together with creative industries annually with the dual mission to create an enabling environment for strong collaboration between the health and creative sectors, as well as to generate new insights into global health challenges and corresponding solutions, using the unique and complementary vantage points of creative and global health professionals.
Title: Research and Content Generation Assistant
Reports to: Hamwe Festival Chief Organizer
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Nature of role: Fixed Term Contract – 4 months
Role Purpose: To contribute to the creation and publication of online content for Hamwe Festival 2020
The global crisis caused by the novel coronavirus made us decide to move part of our activities online and will create adapted content. We are recruiting a team of researchers, writers and editors to support this transition
- Support the festival team in creating vibrant digital content (audio, video and written pieces)
- Support Hamwe partners in adapting their content to Hamwe requirements. formats and platforms
- Support the preparation of online public meetings and performances
- Document panels, meetings, interviews, and other events
- Support key steps of online content generation, like research, facts checking, quality control, editing in close collaboration with other members of the team
- Interact with UGHE collaborators and provide them with the information and support they need to collaborate with Hamwe teams effectively
- Contribute to UGHE reporting
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field (with proven excellent writing skills). Bachelor’s degree in communication or journalism (with proven interest and knowledge in global health)
- Strong research skills
- High-level familiarity with the field of global health equity
- Excellent writing skills in English with previous publications (book contribution, article, Op-Eds or others)
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should provide (1) National ID (2) a curriculum vitae and (3) a cover letter (4) past writing samples.
Please upload your cover letter and CV and proof of degrees attained as a single PDF file under “Additional Files” on the application page.