Vacancy for Research and Evaluation Analyst for Macroeconomic and Investment Policy Program (MIP)
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion and Energy.
The GIZ program “Macroeconomic and Investment Policies” (MIP) has been commissioned by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) from April 2018 until March 2021 in the area of Sustainable Economic Development.
The goal of Rwanda is to accelerate the country’s progress to upper-middle-income status by 2035 and to high-income status by 2050 thereby eradicating poverty and improving the quality of life for all
Rwandans. To achieve the aforementioned goals as well as to plan and implement the right interventions and projects that will deliver on National Strategy for Transformation (NST1) objectives, there is need for increased capacities within the department in charge of National Development Planning and Research.
GIZ Rwanda is searching candidate for the position of Research and Evaluation Analyst for the Macroeconomic and Investment Policy Program (MIP).
The Research and Evaluation Analyst for the Macroeconomic and Investment Policy Program is GIZ staff under the supervision of the GIZ Macroeconomic Program Manager and she/ he will be based at the Ministry of Economic Planning and Finance (MINECOFIN) in the Department of National Development Planning and Research.
The Research and Evaluation Analyst is responsible for:
- Working with the National Planning and Research Division and the National Programs & Projects Monitoring Division on the implementation of daily operational aspects, identifying key priority areas for capacity building in areas of research and evaluation;
- Supporting the design and implementation of a research framework for NDPR (Department of National Development Planning and Research) to foster evidence-based policy making
- Supporting the evaluation of national programs and public investments;
- Supporting the heads of units/divisions of NDPR (Department of National Development Planning and Research) in the coordination of activities relating to the area of expertise;
- Supporting the implementation of the operational plan of the MIP program regarding the area of research and evaluation.
- The Research and Evaluation Analyst performs the following tasks:
1. Management and Operational tasks
- Working with heads of units/divisions of NDPR and advising on approaches and methods in the area of economic research and evaluation
- supporting the development of a capacity building plan to ensure that adequate research capacity of NDPR staff and sound procedures are built, including increased understanding of key econometric elements used in research;
- Supporting the conduct of analytical works and policy briefs of the National Planning and Research Division
- Supporting the preparation of the detailed guidelines on National Projects’ Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Supporting evaluation of national programs and public investments, especially ex-post evaluation of investments
2. Coordination and networking
- Working closely with all staff of NDPR, supporting will be based on a quarterly work plan agreed with NDPR; receiving and reporting
- Regularly participating in GIZ meetings and job-related trainings;
- Maintaining a good flow of communication and information between NDPR and GIZ.
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Business Management and/or related field with at least three (3) years of relevant work experience in a research or evaluation/ impact assessment function, preferably in the agriculture, energy or water sector;
- Experience in the field of capacity building and/ or development planning is an added advantage.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates and references) until latest 30th May 2019 at 4:00 PM, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The email attachment (max. size 2 MB) should be a PDF file. Please quote the job title in the subject
Women and people with disability are especially encouraged to submit applications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.