SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda is a child focused organization and an affiliate of the SOS Children Villages International. It is non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational, and non-racial. Its overall mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures, and share in the development of their communities.
In order to realize the mission of the organization, SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda would like to urgently recruit a retainer lawyer who will provide the following legal services:
- Represent the Client before all its business stakeholders and in Courts of law in Rwanda where need be,
- Providing legal opinions orally or in writing on various legal matters on timely basis as per the request of the client;
- Institute, defend, appeal, respond, intervene, plead, interplead, oppose or act in any manner whatsoever, in any suit by or against involving the interest of the client in any court, quasi-judicial, tribunal arbitral or other proceedings;
- Conclude, submit legal claims, have the hearings set, have copies of judgments drawn up and withdrawn as well as any other activity falling within the framework of the follow-up of the legal file, and this in accordance with the instructions of SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda.
- Monitor the execution of judicial decisions, exercise the necessary remedies, give any legal advice if required by SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda;
- Assist and advise the Client on various local laws in particular on labour issues (including assistance with filing application for work permit);
- Keep the Client up to date with all relevant legislation; follow up and provide timely written notices of any upcoming changes in laws affecting the organization;
- Reviewing corporate regulations and policies as required by the regulatory requirements;
- Providing corporate governance and legal advisory service which include but are not limited to compliance with regulatory obligations, and processing services related to licensing and regulatory issues;
- Provide service on drafting and reviewing contracts and other legal instruments;
- Facilitate the notarization of any corporate legal documents;
- Facilitate the appointment of a professional bailiff whenever required;
- Conducting legal due diligence and provide any other routine legal services required by the Client;
- Submit monthly report of all executed legal activities to the National Director, alongside payment invoice.
- Have a well-known business address;
- Have a seniority of at least 15 years of practical legal experience before Rwandan jurisdictions;
- Accept to plead in any locality of Rwanda (province etc.)
- Minimum Masters Degree in Law from a recognized University
- Submit a detailed CV with at least 2 references related to diligence in service in accordance with the etiquette, practice, and rules of profession.
- Submit a valid lawyer card for 2021 that allows practice in all localities in Rwanda
- Submit a Letter of application for the above stated service which should be addressed to:
The National Director
SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda
Applications and relevant documents should be submitted no later than 25 February 2021, 14:00 to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that any application and relevant documents submitted in hard copy will be rejected.