About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
Hotline Inbound (Incoming calls)
- Your main role involves receiving client phone calls and recording them in the hotline database (perform ticketing of the calls). You will actively learn about the program through meetings and field visits in order to be able to answer most client concerns.
- Provide excellent customer service and respectful communication to all clients phoning the Hotline.
- Respond to various client concerns, i.e. distribution quantities, quality and varieties; prepayment and repayment; documentation (IDS, Invoices, etc.); questions about Tubura program and many more program-related queries.
- Correspond and work together with other teams to resolve each unique client issue.
- Clearly communicate any system changes related to inputs, repayment or other.
Outgoing Call Function
- You will be responsible for making outgoing calls to current TUBURA clients in order to conduct short surveys and identify outstanding client protection issues.
- For each outgoing call, you will be responsible for recording all relevant data, including categorical and qualitative responses to survey questions.
- You will be responsible for escalating any urgent client protection issues to the Customer Engagement Call Center Manager and other departments, as necessary.
- You will be responsible for comprehensively and comprehensively presenting incoming survey data to the Customer Engagement Call Center Manager.
- You will use and maintain several Excel and Google spreadsheets containing client data and survey responses.
- You will occasionally present short analyses of the data to the CE team in English.
- Occasionally you will be called upon to do some light analysis of the data coming into the hotline so that the program may utilize this information.
The Call Center Team will be responsible for occasional small non-repeated incoming/outgoing call projects. You will include these small projects in your monthly schedule as appropriate, and effectively manage your time between these projects and your primary responsibilities.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Clear customer service attitude
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Good collaboration skills
- Proactive problem solver
- Integrity and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated computer skills in email, internet usage, and Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated high quality of work with strong attention to details, highly organized and methodical
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
- Commitment to client protection and confidentiality
- Commitment to personal growth within TUBURA
- Experience in Customer care related field is an advantage
- Ability to seek and give constructive feedback
- Creativity and innovation
- Working experience in Call center
- Languages: Fluent in spoken and written English
- Flexibility: flexible to work in weekends
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.