About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
This is a one-year fixed-term contract as the One Acre Fund Rwanda program runs a scoping program to assess the need and efficacy of potential clean water interventions or initiatives that could support our farmers in rural areas. This will be conducted through site-level evaluations of water points, current water quality, and farmer behaviour around water consumption.
This role is under the TUBURA Program and will report directly to the Program Director of Impact, Product and Brand.
At the end of 2023, we expect a final report that captures a countrywide assessment of the feasibility of applying in-line chlorination units to rural water points across Rwanda, as well as capturing the cost and impact potential of pursuing this intervention. A mid-point report will also include a systems mapping of Rwanda’s rural water systems and initial data findings from conducted field surveys and water testing.
- Canadian Embassies Recruitment 2023/2024 : Open Jobs/ Vacancies
- British Council Recruitment 2023/2024 : Apply now !
- UN-Habitat recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application form
- UNHCR Volunteers recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application form
- World Food Programme ( WFP) Recruitment 2023/2024 : Apply now!
- Manage at least 5 direct reports, and lead a team of 20+ field-based individuals.
- Act as a liaison to external stakeholders, including but not limited to: other NGO employees, Rwandan Ministry and Government officials.
- Direct all field survey work, from staff training and timekeeping to alignment to survey design to implementation.
- Analyze collected data; giving weekly progress updates and drafting a midpoint and final report
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 4+ years of experience in the WASH space in East Africa [Rwanda specific most preferred]
- Up-to-date knowledge of clean water interventions and initiatives
- 2+ years of team management or leadership
- Spoken and written fluency in both English and Kinyarwanda is required.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda
February 28, 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.