Location: Kigali, Rwanda | Deadline for Applications: October 16, 2019
Bridges to Prosperity (B2P) is an international non-governmental organization that specializes in the design and construction of pedestrian footbridges. We are seeking a motivated, dynamic and highly capable District and Community Coordinator to support our Rwanda Program.
As the District and Community Coordinator, you will be responsible for relationships with local stakeholders including district offices, communities, and bridge committees. In close coordination with Bridges to Prosperity’s build teams, the District and Community Coordinator is responsible for community preparation and ensuring a positive relationship between B2P and district government officials. You will split time between field management and Kigali-based logistical and administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate should have 3 years’ experience in community and government relations including contracts and process documentation as it relates to Rwandan legislation. The successful candidate will be able to manage multiple different stakeholders, thrive in an independent and sometimes isolated work environment, and be fluent in both English and Kinyarwanda.
District Office Coordination
- Work with other B2P Rwanda staff to ensure that project contracts and associated documents required by the district are completed and delivered on time
- Work with districts to ensure timely reimbursements from district offices to B2P
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of Government of Rwanda reimbursement processes and timing including all approving parties, documents, and timing to create a “roadmap to reimbursement” for each project
- Keep district offices updated with project progress and submit progress reports as required
- Coordinate with district offices to ensure land appropriation payments are settled before project initiation
- Work with districts to ensure all district contributions and works are prepared and executed in a timely manner to ensure B2P’s construction programs are not negatively impacted
- Work with the B2P build team to ensure that all documentation is completed to ensure a proper project handover from B2P to the district office at the completion of the project
- Coordinate with district offices to enable successful and timely project handover and completion
- Support B2P build teams in local labor selection, payroll, and coordination
- Support B2P build teams in selection and coordination of bridge committees
- Liaise with community leaders to ensure that the community is sensitized to bridge projects and communicate community responsibilities for each project before project initiation
- Manage coordination of bridge project inauguration ceremonies and attend to represent B2P as required
- 3 years’ experience in community and government relations
- Experience in contracts and process documentation as it relates to Rwandan legislation
- Experience managing relationships with local stakeholders
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda and English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and other software
- Exceptional, professional and detail-oriented organizational skills
- Creative, energetic and self-motivated
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with high problem-solving skills
- Passion for Bridges to Prosperity’s mission and international non-profit work
The District and Community Coordinator works with the local people and government officials involved in bridge projects to mutually promote community harmony. The District and Community Coordinator splits time 70/30 between field management (countrywide) and Kigali-based logistical and administrative tasks. Whilst in the field, the District and Community Coordinator is expected to live modestly in local accommodation and use local transportation to get around.
Sound like you? Tell us a bit more about yourself below by 10/16/19 by submitting a personalized cover letter and resume in a single combined PDF.
We have seen firsthand the benefits of a diverse team, and the strength that comes with diversity in experience, background, and perspective. We strongly encourage applications from individuals that would bring a unique or underrepresented perspective to our organization.