ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 7,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Internal Audit (IA) in One Acre Fund strives to ensure that we meet its Objectives and Key Results (‘OKRs’) through risk mitigation and improved internal controls, helping farmers reach their full potential. IA contributes to OAF’s growth by helping management teams identify, create, and monitor internal controls.
As part of the IA team, you will help perform the planned risk-based audits and any management consulting related requests assigned to you.
In turn, you will learn the fundamentals of auditing and risk analysis through rigorous ‘on the job’ training by participating in audit engagements usually covering operations, regulatory compliance, and information security.
- Manage the Annual Internal Audit Plan.
- Independently perform audits following the Internal Audit Plan.
- Monitor tasks progress with all team members during an audit and resolve any challenges encountered by the team.
- Prepare high-quality Internal Audit deliverables as listed in the OAF Internal Audit Methodology using the existing/approving templates.
- Lead findings implementation follow-ups and update the Finance Committee Summary.
- Lead both departmental and auditee meetings – including the Opening & Closing Meeting.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 3 years of experience in Internal Audit.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Business, Finance, or Information Systems, with coursework in accounting, data analytics, economics, computer programming or another financial centric curriculum.
- CPA/ACCA/CIA/CISA partial or full qualification.
- Data analysis (working with MS excel and Google sheets to perform analytical audit tests/procedures).
- 1 year experience managing a team.
- Strong project management skills
- Exceptionally strong reporting writing skills.
- English required in all locations. French and Kinyarwanda will be an added advantage.
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Health insurance paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda
We hire on a rolling basis which means that applications are reviewed and processed on a continuous basis until a hire is made.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity, or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.