ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Product Scaling Specialist will be a JL7 member of the Scale Innovation department with responsibilities to manage the design, execution and evaluation of two or three Rwanda OAF products & services trial projects. You will contribute to the organizational strategy and improvement of farmer livelihoods, impact and margin. You will contribute to the team goals of scaling at least 2 new products and services to the Rwanda sales programme. Working together with 3 other Specialists who will manage other product & services trials, the position will report to the Scale Innovation Department Lead. The Specialist will also manage at least one direct report and some Casual employees from time to time.
- Manage at least 2 agricultural and non-agricultural products & services trial projects at any one time
- Identify new impactful and commercially-viable products and services to introduce to the Rwanda programme. trial projects
- Lead products and services sales trials strategy design and field execution, in collaboration with other relevant departments e.g. Field Operations & Execution, Logistics, Tech team, procurement, Finance)
- Develop estimated products and services sales financial and impact models and evaluate the same after sales trials execution.
- Draft projects proposal and project plan documents
- Conduct farmer products and services research, and sales performance evaluation surveys.
- Undertake product and services sales trial performance data analysis and report writing.
- Stakeholder / Partner Engagement and Coordination (internal and external stakeholders)
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- Canadian Embassies Recruitment 2023/2024 : Open Jobs/ Vacancies
- British Council Recruitment 2023/2024 : Apply now !
- UN-Habitat recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application form
- UNHCR Volunteers recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application form
- World Food Programme ( WFP) Recruitment 2023/2024 : Apply now!
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- At least 2 years of project design and management experience.
- Good contextual understanding of Rwanda’s smallholder farming requirements and demands
- Desk research and farmer market and rural livelihoods surveys
- Quantitative and Qualitative Data Analysis, Excel/Google sheets and other statistical analysis software
- Project Planning, Execution and Performance Evaluations
- Develop agricultural and non-agricultural products and services sales strategies, including financial and impact models
- Report Writing skills
- Have a bachelor’s degree in agriculture, agribusiness, economics, or other relevant degrees
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Kinyarwanda languages
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Health insurance paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda
28 September 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will invariably arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve extraordinary impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.