ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
The Research Strategy Lead will not only be leading their own strategy research projects to create actionable insights and innovative ideas for our Field Operations Team but also have significant management responsibility over 2 research teams with over 13 people.
Key responsibility in this role is the management of research project requests from planning to delivering final results to stakeholders, which includes especially qualitative research analysis. You will receive extensive training with a steep learning curve in qualitative research methods, Human Centered Design methods as well as innovation management and design. Growth in this role over time entails additionally taking on implementation and assessment of trials and early stage ventures in the field.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional creative and innovative thinker with at least 2 years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience, e.g. starting a field program in a developing country, leading a conference, starting a business.
- High level of critical thinking abilities
- High level of attention to detail to ensure data accuracy and quality results
- Clear verbal and concise written communication
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Excel skills
- Bachelor degree with strong academic performance.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- Ability to effectively manage stakeholders and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Language: Professional working proficiency in English and Kinyarwanda.
- Qualitative research experience
- Prior experience with Human Centered Design Methods.
- Prior management experience or remote management experience
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.