The Rwanda Talent and Training Manager is responsible for recruiting, training and retaining high-quality talent within the Rwanda Program. This position will be responsible for creating a robust talent and training program that ensures alignment between HQ and the Rwanda field program while adhering to relevant legislation and best practice. This will require an individual with a passion for supporting employees to reach their potential but also a keen eye for detail to ensure alignment with relevant laws and legislation.
Talent Management (60%)
- Support the Rwanda management team in ensuring that all team members can thrive in their roles
- Build programs and systems that foster career development within an inclusive and psychologically safe environment
- Lead and manage hiring, onboarding and offboarding processes in alignment with company policy and Rwandan legislation
- Partner with HQ Talent Team to ensure alignment between HQ and Rwanda talent management policies, while adhering to Rwandan legislation and best practice
- Review and update Rwanda Employee Handbook annually
- Perform and maintain up to date salary benchmarking for all positions within the Rwanda program
- Support team with both internal and external mentorship development
- Drive long-term benefits planning to optimize employee recruiting and retention efforts. This also includes management of existing benefits plans such as medical insurance
- Partner with the HQ talent team to operationalize a high-quality employee experience at scale
- Build organizational culture and effectiveness through identification of policies, trainings, special programs, communications, processes, and projects as needed to build capacity, bridge gaps, and improve staff experience
- Foster an open and enthusiastic work environment with team members in order to drive Bridges to Prosperity’s training program
- Building on existing resources, create an effective training program for onboarding of new, and upskilling of existing, team members. This includes updating the training program in alignment with changes to operational policies and protocols and best practice training guidelines
- Lead and/or facilitate training workshops/classes as required by current training needs
- Ensure all team members successfully complete the training program. This includes maintaining accurate records and documentation
- Visit bridge sites regularly to monitor staff progression through the training program. If required, suggest improvements to the program in order to ensure an effective learning environment is created
- Work with the B2P Health, Safety and Welfare (HSW) Manager to ensure compliance with the organization’s Health and Safety Policy and Protocols.
- Maintain an in depth understanding of the Bridge Builder Manual and Bridges to Prosperity construction methods. As required, support in the updating of these documents to align with current/best practice
- Strive to ensure each and every individual within Bridges to Prosperity’s Rwanda team has the proper training in construction safety and quality management
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a related field of work. Construction/Engineering preferred
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Strong commitment to the professional development of staff
- Successful track record of managing or supporting a talent/HR department
- Understanding of Rwanda Labor Law, International Labor Organization (ILO) and HR best practices
- Previous experience developing and/or running training programs or workshops
- Demonstrated excellence creating and implementing programmatic systems, team work and internal leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English. Kinyarwanda desired but not required
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office Products and other software
- Clear, concise and efficient communication within teams and excellent interpersonal skills
- International experience preferred, cultural sensitivity required
This position will be based in Kigali, Rwanda but regular travel to rural/isolated locations and construction sites will be required.
Sound like you? Tell us a bit more about yourself below by 12/6/19 by submitting a cover letter and resume in a single combined PDF.
We have seen firsthand the benefits of a diverse team, and the strength that comes with diversity in experience, background, and perspective. We strongly encourage applications from individuals that would bring a unique or underrepresented perspective to our organization.