The Higher Education Council (HEC) wishes to inform the general public that, through the Bilateral Cooperation between the Government of Rwanda and the Republic of South Korea, the International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) has offered to the Government of Rwanda fifteen (15) scholarships for Master’s Degree Program in the fields of Governance, Health, Rural Development, Technology, Environment, Energy and Aviation, for the academic year 2021.
Interested candidates should submit of the following documents:
▪ Application letter addressed to the Director General of HEC
▪ National ID, or Valid Passport
▪ Curriculum Vitae
▪ One (1) recent passport size photo
▪ Original – notified degree certificate and transcripts
▪ Proof of English Proficiency
1. Eligible candidates, who must be employed in the public sector, will be required to
complete both KOICA Application Form and University Application Forms, and submit
the required documents for selected University.
2. University Application Forms and Program Information for each of the 18 identified
Universities can be found on HEC website.
3. Applicants must be under age 40 as of 01/02/2021, and be recommended in writing by the Head of the Government or Public Institution where he or she is employed.
4. Applicants must have completed Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent in related fields.
5. The offer covers all costs of study including: air fare of one round-trip, tuition fees, fees
for extra-curricular activities, monthly living allowance, accommodation, settlement
allowance, scholarship completion grants, and insurance. Any other extra expenses that
are associated, or which may arise in due course will be covered personally by the
6. The above-mentioned application documents will be submitted online to HEC MIS using
the link: http://mis.hec.gov.rw/system-login.
Application deadline: 15/03/2021.