JOB TITLE: STUDIO LIGHTING TECHNICIAN
NUMBER OF POSITION: 1
EMPLOYMENT TERMS: PERMANENT
- Set up lighting equipment,
- Assemble all the lighting and filter equipment needed,
- Ensure all lighting equipment is in working order and carry out tests,
- Organize any necessary scaffolding and cranes,
- Position and plot lighting,
- Pre-rig lighting, ensuring all cables and wires are safely concealed,
- Load automated colour change systems,
- Check the focusing of lighting at rehearsals,
- Operate and maintain equipment during the shoot,
- Programme and operate lighting consoles,
- De-rig all equipment at the end of the broadcast or production and ensure its safely transported away from the location and/or stored,
- Work as part of a large crew, especially on feature Shows,
- Liaise with and work under the direction of the gaffer (who oversees electrics) and the Producer throughout the project,
- Attend production meetings to establish lighting requirements,
- Liaise with the director of photography and other staff to interpret their creative vision into the lighting design,
- Liaise with other departments, such as sound and camera, as well as with the floor manager and producer,
- Review footage shots with the director,
- Manage the lighting budget and advise on the purchase/hire of suitable equipment,
- Decide on the lighting crew numbers and equipment needed and then employ the crew and hire the equipment,
- Coordinate the equipment and the technical crew and train other crew members as required.
Diploma in electronics & telecommunication, computer science, electricity or certificate in any field with 4yrs exp.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should submit in one folder their application letter; a detailed CV duly dated and signed, copy of Degree or diploma, a National ID/passport, and proof of experience.
- Candidates should not apply for more than 2 positions,
- Application without all the above requirements will not be considered,
- Please note that only short-listed candidates meeting the required qualifications will be contacted,
- Female candidates fulfilling the required qualifications are encouraged to apply,
- Applications shall be addressed to: The Director General of RBA, through our career page: https://rba.co.rw/career, not later than Friday 27th November, 2020 at 4:30 pm.