The Management of the University of Rwanda (UR) through its African Center of Excellence in IoT (ACEIoT) at College of Science and Technology (CST) is offering Masters programs in Internet of Things,
1. Masters of Science in IoT- Embedded Computing Systems (MSc. IoT-ECS)
2. Masters of Science in IoT-Wireless Intelligent Sensor Networking (MSc. IoT-WISeNet)
Duration of Master’s Programme
The duration of MSc. IoT-ECS programme is 24 months
The duration of MSc. IoT-WISeNet programme is 24 months
College and Campus of Programme offering: College of Science and Technology, Nyarugenge Campus
Mode of Attendance: Full-time by Coursework (Courses will be offered in a modular basis) and Dissertation.
Payments and Fee Structure for Postgraduate studies: See the University fee structure downloadable from the University of Rwanda’s website: //ur.ac.rw/sites/default/files/Postgraduate%20fees%20amended%20by%2…
1. ACEIoT Scholarships There are few full and partial scholarship opportunities available on a competitive basis for eligible candidates from Eastern and Southern Africa Region (Rwanda, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Burundi, Mozambique, Uganda, and Zambia).
2. Scholarships for Female candidates by IUCEA There are few full scholarship opportunities available on a competitive basis for eligible regional female candidates for 2019 intake. For more information please visit this link //ace2.iucea.org/index.php/call2.
1) Application deadline: 15th May, 2019
2) Notification of selection: 31st May 2019
3) Registration and Commencement of class: 15th September, 2019
Applicants should have a minimum Second Class Honors Upper Division Degree in the discipline of Engineering/Technology (Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communications Engineering) or equivalent from any recognized Institution.
Documents Required for Application:
• A cover letter indicating for which program of study the application is being made and description of the motivation to join the program
• A curriculum vitae (CV)
• Notarized Bachelor’s degrees and transcripts
• Recommendation letters from at least two academic referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant.
• Support letter from employer (if any).
• Copies of valid identification card and/or passport.
• Sponsorship letter from an organization (if any).
• Applicants from countries where English is not the medium of instruction must provide an English proficiency certificate from a relevant body or institution in their respective countries.
• A proof of payment of non-refundable application fee 10,000RWF for nationals and members of East African Community (EAC) and 12,000 RWF for other. The application fees are payable to the University Account Number: UR/ACE-IOT 00094-07744800-77/RWF Bank of Kigali.
• Proof that you have applied for Equating Foreign Qualifications at higher educational council (HEC) of Rwanda.
Candidates are requested to fill in the Online application in the following link //aceiot.ur.ac.rw/?q=content/application-form-postgraduate-studies… and also submit a soft copy in PDF format as one document (merging all the listed documents in a single file) to Mrs Jocelyne MUTAGANDA, the Postgraduate Studies Coordinator at email@example.com and to the Head of Masters studies of ACEIoT at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information please visit our website: //aceiot.ur.ac.rw.
Download the signed announcement: Call for application ACEIoT-2019