Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Sub Function: Tax & Insurance Unit
Type of Contract: Permanent
BRALIRWA Plc, Part of the Heineken Company, is engaged in the production, distribution and sales of a wide range of beer and beverage brands. A career with BRALIRWA offers great challenges combined with exciting opportunities to own and grow one’s career in line with their aspirations.
BRALIRWA is looking for a qualified, dedicated & experienced individual to fill the position of Tax Manager located in Kigali, Rwanda reporting to the Finance Director.
Steer, advise and support the Company from a tax business perspective, in accordance with local legislation and regulations, the Heineken Company Rules and the Heineken Tax Control Framework.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing compliance with all relevant tax laws and tax regulations;
- Developing, monitoring and applying tax (related) policies based on sound knowledge of the business combined with in-depth knowledge of tax laws;
- Takes (functional) ownership of correct tax accounting and reporting according to local and international reporting standards as well as Heineken internal reporting standards;
- Seeks operational excellence regarding the tax compliance task of Bralirwa to ensure tax legislation and policies are well and efficiently embedded in the tax declarations;
- Identifying and leading implementation of any opportunities to sustainably optimize Bralirwa’s total Tax Contribution and net profit position, taking a long term view within an acceptable risk profile;
- Guiding tax audits, negotiating tax rulings and/or tax deals and managing (i.e. building and maintaining) an “enhanced relationship” with local tax authorities;
- Support business decision making from a tax perspective by being a true business partner acting pro-actively, visibly and in a mature way towards the Management Team, all internal stakeholders (next to Finance, mainly Process & Control Improvement Unit, Legal, HR, Supply Chain, Sales and Marketing) and Global Tax Department in Amsterdam;
- Collaborating with external tax lawyers, if necessary, and managing the relationship with these external lawyers;
- Influencing the Bralirwa’s external tax environment (public affairs in the area of taxation)
- Coaching & Development of the direct report/other relevant employees on the Tax function
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with speciality in Tax Law knowledge or any other related field. A Master’s Degree in Tax Law or CPA / ACCA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 6 years hands-on tax practices at a senior level preferably in in-house tax management or in a tax consultancy firm advising international corporate clients.
- Fluent in English (both verbally and in writing), French and Kinyarwanda will be an added advance
- Good communication skills and ability to connect with different stakeholders
- People Management skills and team collaboration spirit
- Driving License Category “B”
- Hierarchical reporting line to BRALIRWA’s Finance Director;
- Functional (dotted reporting line to the Regional Tax Manager for Africa, Middle East & Eastern Europe
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to https://careers.theheinekencompany.com/Rwanda and search for “Tax Manager”.
If this is your first time applying through our careers website, you will need to register along with your application details. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Note that this site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts.
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered. In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know through email@example.com (no applications will be accepted through this email).
The closing date for submission of applications is Friday, 26th July 2019.
#WeAreHEINEKEN. People are at the heart of our company. Our people are as diverse as our brands! We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We see our strength in trust, diversity and progress. Our aim is to have the most talented employees attracted to our company, and to hire them based on their merits, equal opportunities and respect for the differences of each individual. As part of that we strive for BRALIRWA to be a safe & open place for everyone.
NB: Bralirwa Plc. does not employ staff whose background is not suitable. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.