Temporary Program Coordinator, New Nets Project
Tracking Code : 9436
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The New Nets Project, funded by a partnership between Unitaid and the Global Fund, is piloting long-lasting insecticidal nets (LLINs) treated with new insecticide combinations in sub-Saharan African countries hardest hit by malaria. Led by IVCC, the New Nets Project consortium includes Population Services International, the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, and PATH. In Rwanda, enhanced surveillance activities will accompany the pilot distributions to generate data on the epidemiological and entomological impact of new nets and on the anthropological factors that influence their uptake and usage. These analyses will provide important context to support National Malaria Control Programs, malaria control policymakers, donors, and other stakeholders in their LLIN decision-making and planning processes.PATH is currently recruiting for a short-term (6 months) Project Coordinator to work in collaboration with project partners and malaria control stakeholders to support the launch and implementation of the New Nets Project pilot evaluation in Rwanda. The Project Coordinator will report to the project lead at PATH but will be part of a larger team that is implementing study activities in Rwanda. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for working with both PATH technical leads in Washington and in-country partners to plan, organize, and implement enhanced surveillance activities in pilot study districts.
- Liaise with the Rwanda Biomedical Centre, University of Rwanda, and other project partners to implement planned evaluation activities, including epidemiological and entomological surveillance.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with epidemiological, entomological, and anthropological project partners.
- Provide input on standard operating procedures for cross-sectional and anthropological surveillance components.
- Develop reporting templates and processes to ensure timely and organized delivery of data and reports.
- Work with in-country and PATH administrative contacts to facilitate contractual and financial reporting requirements.
- Correspond closely with the US-based team and provide updates on project progress and issues.
- Monitor start-up activities closely and troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Conduct field visits to surveillance sites to ensure adherence to established protocols.
- A minimum of three years of experience working in global health.
- Master’s degree in public health or similar.
- Familiarity with malaria programs, including epidemiology and entomology.
- Experience interfacing with and navigating governmental and nongovernmental organizations.
- Demonstrated effective project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of partners with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Team-oriented and ability to facilitate productive working relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to travel frequently within Rwanda required. Travel estimated to be about 40%.
- Must have legal authorization to live and work in Rwanda.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Location : Kigali, Rwanda
Company Location : Rwanda, Kigali
Position Type : Temporary
For more information,please visit https://www.path.org/about/careers/