Tianjin University International Student Scholarship is a one-year duration scholarship open for both prospective students and current students at Tianjin University, it could be applied year by year.
I.Programs, Duration, and Standard of scholarship
|Program||Program Duration||Scholarship Duration||Scholarship Type||Scholarship Standard|
|Bachelor||4-5 years||1 year||Full||Tuition:20000RMB,
accommodation on campus
|Master||2-3 years||1 year||Full||Tuition:30000RMB,
accommodation on campus
|PhD||4 years||1 year||Full||Tuition:38000RMB,
accommodation on campus
Choice of Specialty
For Bachelor Program taught in Chinese, please click here;
For Bachelor Programs taught in English, please click here;
For Doctoral Programs, please click？here;
Note: Students must choose their specialty carefully as students are not permitted to transfer to another specialty once they have accepted their place.
III. Qualification of Applicants
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport.
- A bachelor’s Degree program applicant should hold a high school diploma and be under the age of 30. Applicants who are still under the age of 18 as of September 1, 2019 must submit the original guardian certificate issued by the Tianjin District Notary Office,and the Guardian must be a permanent resident of Tianjin.
A Master’s Degree program applicant should hold a Bachelor diploma and be under the age of 35. A Doctoral Degree program applicant should hold a Master diploma and be under the age of 40.
- Language Proficiency requirements:
Chinese-taught programs applicants need to submit HSK certificates. A minimum requirement of HSK4 (Score 180 or above) for Engineering/Science or HSK5 (Score 180 or above) for liberal arts is needed.
English-taught programs applicants need to submit English proficiency certificate (English native speakers are exempted). TOFEL: no less than 80, IELTS: no less than 6.0.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an Online Application on our website（http://tju.at0086.cn/student）according to the application schedule. Applicants should fill in the application information online, upload the application documents listed below to the Online Application System.
April 15,2019-June 15,2019
Due to the limited quota in each school, early application is strongly advised.
Please upload all the listed documents below to the application system:
- Scan of highest diploma.Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Scan of pre-graduation certificate is required if the applicants have not gained certificate.Please resubmit the notarized copy of highest diploma before registration. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Scan of notarized copy of the academic transcriptsor scan of international standardization test results (such as SAT/ACT/A-Level/AP/IB etc.).
- Photocopy of passport.
5.Applicant applying for programs taught in Chinese needs to submit HSK certificate. Applicants whose mother tongue is Chinese or whose instruction language is Chinese during the highest educational level can be exempted from HSK certificate. A minimum requirement of HSK4 (Score 180 or above) for Engineering/Science or HSK5 (Score 180 or above) for liberal arts is needed. Applicant who has not met the requirement of Chinese proficiency level should take Chinese language courses for one year, and start major studies when achieving the required HSK certificate.
Applicant applying for programs taught in English needs to submit English proficiency certificate (New TOFEL: no less than 80, IELTS: no less than 6.0).
- Applicants who are not in China at present must submit scan of Certificate of Non-Criminal Records or performance certificate.
- Applicants must submit the Physical Examination Reportfrom a public hospital.
- Applicants who are now in China must submit scan of Photocopy of Visa and Transfer Certificatefrom present school.
- A study or research plan: Applicants who apply for Master or PhD program must provide a study or research plan of no less than 800 words in English or Chinese.
10.Two recommendation letters. Applicants who apply for Master’s need to submit two recommendation letters in English or Chinese from two professors or associate professors. Applicants who apply for the PhD need to submit two recommendation letters in English or Chinese from two professors.
- Applicants for art or architectural majors are requested to submit two sketches of the applicants’ own works.
- Applicants are required to submit scanned images of all required documents at the time of application. All uploaded documents should be in Chinese or in English; otherwise notarial translations in Chinese or English are required. Once translated, the original documents and certified translations are to be submitted together to the application system.
- Please scan the original or notarized application documents in color using a scanner. Images captured by mobile phone or camera are not acceptable. Copies are also not acceptable.
- Applications with incomplete documents will not be processed.
- TJU has the right to request the applicants to provide the original or notarized hard copies of application documents for further qualification checks if the uploaded documents are not sufficient. Applicants shall guarantee all the information and application documents submitted in this application are authentic and accurate, otherwise they will be disqualified from admission.
- Evaluation and Admission
TJU enrolls students based on evaluation of application documents. The admission committee of the applicable department/school will review the application documents and select applicants for further examination. If an interview is required for admission, the department/school will contact the applicant directly to set up an interview appointment and provide information about the interview process.
Before the final admission result is released, applicants may check their admission status via the TJU online Application System. TJU will issue Admission notice and Visa documents to those admitted.
- Visa Application and Registration
Admitted students should bring their personal and ordinary passport, Certificate of Admission, Visa Application Form (JW202/JW201), and original Form of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners (as well as other original documents of physical examination) to the Embassy or Consulate of the People’s Republic of China, and apply for a student visa (X1 visa).Students must enter China with an ordinary passport and X1 visa, and must apply for a Residence Permit within 30 days after arrival in China.
Students are required to arrive at TJU (along with the required documents) and complete their university registration during the dates indicated in the Admission package.
Normally, registration is held in late August. All students should present the required original high school certificates, and submit the diploma copies certified by high school conferring institutions or certification authorities upon registration at Tianjin University for enrollment qualification review. Students who fail the enrollment qualification review will be disqualified from enrollment.
VII. Costs (Unit: RMB Yuan)
(1) Application Fee: RMB 420
(2) Tuition Fees of undergraduate Programs: Please click here for tuition fees information
Tuition Fees of Graduate Programs: Please click here for tuition fees information
(3) Accidental Injury and Hospitalization Insurance: RMB 800/year
(4) Accommodation on Weijin Road campus: RMB 60/day per person for single rooms, RMB 50/day per person for double rooms; Accommodation on Peiyang Park campus: RMB 40/day per person for single rooms.
VIII. Contact Information
Address: International Admissions Office (Room 216 in Building No.10 ), School of International Education, Tianjin University
No.92, Weijin Road, Nankai District, Tianjin, China Zip code: 300072
Tel: 0086-22-27406691 Fax: 0086-22-27406147
For more information，please visit http://www.tju.edu.cn/sie/en/jxj/tjdxjxj/