The University of Rwanda (UR) is a public institution of higher learning committed to supporting the development of the country through the generation and advancement of knowledge and innovation among other core activities. It is with this regard that UR, through its Single Project Implementation Unit (SPIU) would like to recruit four competent, motivated and qualified translators under the Collaboration for Evidence-Based Healthcare and Public Health in Africa (CEBHA+) Project.
Position: Translators (4 staff)
Duration of the assignment: 1 month
Under the supervision of Research Task Leader and Research Scientist, the translator will perform the following duties:
- Transcribe verbatim the recorded audio into Kinyarwanda during the focus group discussion;
- Translate transcriptions from Kinyarwanda into English;
- With use of the format and focus group discussion guide which will be provided, identify agreement and consensus for each team among Focus Group Discussion (FGD) participants
- Attend a validation session with FGD participants, take notes in Kinyarwanda and translate them into English.
Required Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree either in Medical Sciences, Public Health or Translation related studies with at least five years of experience or Master’s degree in the above field with at least three years of work
- Having worked on at least five consultancies on transcription and translations of qualitative data in health sector for bachelor’s degree holders or having worked on at least three consultancies on the same area for Master’s degree holders.
- Proof of experience in transcribing and translating (from/to Kinyarwanda and English) including the recorded audio (five consultancies for Bachelor’s degree holders and three consultancies for Master’s degree holders).
Interested candidates should send their applications electronically to email@example.com and with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to: the Principal investigator on email@example.com and Project coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application should contain (1) Cover letter detailing your motivation for applying, (2) Curriculum vitae, (3) Supporting documents providing educational background and professional experience and (4) three references. All application documents should be in one single PDF document, and the email submitting the applications should clearly mention the position applied for in the subject matter of the email.
The University of Rwanda (UR) has an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women and persons with disabilities.
The deadline for submission of the application is fixed on 10th November 2019, at 5:00pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to proceed with written and oral tests.
N.B. Successful candidates will immediately start the assignment
For more details,please refer to UR website