JOB TITLE: TV SPORTS PRODUCER/ DIRECTOR
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 4
EMPLOYMENT TERMS: CONTRACT
- Help schedule all live broadcasts and maintain a firm line of communication with the Programs MANAGER to ensure all sports related broadcasts are scheduled properly and sports staff members are able to fill the required roles for broadcasting an event,
- Schedules daily (Monday – Sunday) sports talk related broadcasts at a consistent time each day and fills all necessary roles for each broadcast in advance,
- Provides assistance and training to any new members on the sports staff with general on-air procedures, equipment usage, and any technical questions they may have,
- Collaborate with Program Director to schedule play by play broadcasts at the beginning of each semester and ensures broadcast crew is filled one week in advance of each broadcast,
- Produce sports stories and special programs both live and pre-recorded for broadcast and digital platforms,
- Direct live broadcasts, OUT Door games and recordings, or non-broadcast programming for public Sport entertainment.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of camera, lighting, design, and sound crew members.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
3 years experience in Sports production on TV (attach proof of experience)
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- ENG Cameras and Recorders
- Video Image Editing systems
- Digital CMS platforms
- Detail Oriented
- Experience with broadcast equipment and production environments, including cameras, control boards, audio equipment and editing systems.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
The candidates should have excellent Communication, directing and editing skills. Fluency in written and spoken Kinyarwanda is essential. Knowledge of French and English is an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should submit in one folder their application letter; a detailed CV duly dated and signed, copy of Degree or diploma, a National ID/passport, and proof of experience.
- Candidates should not apply for more than 2 positions,
- Application without all the above requirements will not be considered,
- Please note that only short-listed candidates meeting the required qualifications will be contacted,
- Female candidates fulfilling the required qualifications are encouraged to apply,
- Applications shall be addressed to: The Director General of RBA, through our career page: https://rba.co.rw/career, not later than Friday 27th November, 2020 at 4:30 pm.