Applications for the UNESCO/People’s Republic of China (The Great Wall) Co-Sponsored Fellowships Programme 2019-2020 are now open. The Government of the People’s Republic of China has placed at the disposal of UNESCO for the academic year 2019-2020 seventy-five (75) fellowships for advanced studies at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. These fellowships are for the benefit of developing Member States in Africa, Asia–Pacific, Latin America, Europe and North America and Arab region.
Tenable at a selected number of Chinese universities, these fellowships are intended for scholars who plan to pursue advanced studies or undertake individual research with periodic guidance from the assigned supervisor in China for a duration of one year. Selected candidates will undertake their studies in the host universities as visiting scholars. Most of the study programmes will be conducted in English. Selected candidates will undertake their studies in the host universities as visiting scholars. In exceptional cases, candidates may be required to study Chinese language before taking up research or studying in their fields of interest.
Twenty-five (25) of the 75 fellowships are especially intended for candidatures from the Teacher Training Institutions supported by UNESCO-CFIT Project in the 10 African countries to pursue an Advanced Training Programme for Education Administrators and Teacher Educators at East China Normal University.
- Applicants applying for General Scholar programs must not be older than the age of forty-five (45) and have completed at least two years of undergraduate study; and those who applying for Senior Scholar programmes must be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) and not older than the age of fifty (50).
- English proficiency is required.
- Be in good health, both mentally and physically.
FACILITIES OFFERED BY THE GOVERNMENT OF THE PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF CHINA
- Tuition waiver,
- Monthly stipends: CNY 3 000 (three thousand Chinese yuan) for General Scholars, or CNY 3 500 (three thousand five hundred Chinese yuan) for Senior Scholars to cover méats and pocket expense;
- Accommodation**: free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy;
**If the host university requires students to live on campus, the university will accommodate scholarship students in university dormitory (usually twin room); if the host university permits the students to live off-campus, the university will provide monthly or quarterly accommodation subsidy as standard stipulated below:
General scholars: CNY 700 per month;
Senior scholars: CNY 1000 per month.
- Comprehensive Médical Insurance*** and Protection Scheme for International Students in China.
***Fellows will need to cover a certain percentage of personal expenses. Fellows should carefully refer to the policy terms and conditions provided by the insurance company when claiming for compensations. In most cases, the insurance company will request relevant documents and invoices. Any claims without eligible proofs will be rejected.
How to apply
Your online application form, along with the endorsement letter from the National Commission for UNESCO of your country and all your application documents should be submitted to Mr Stoyan Bantchev, Chief of the Participation Programme and Fellowships Section by e-mail: email@example.com, with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, by 15 March 2019 at the latest.
Please download the following 2 PDF docs for more information :
For more information,Please visit UNESCO Rwanda.