The Management of the University of Rwanda through its College of Medicine and Health sciences, School of Public Health is pleased to invite interested and qualified candidates for applications for the following Master:
– Master of Science in Field Epidemiology (MSc Field Epi)
Programme, entry requirements, duration and mode of attendance
Programme title: MSc Field Epi
- Applicants must have at least a MD or a Bachelor degree in Nursing, Biology, Statistics, Biochemistry,Veterinary Medicine(BVM, DVM), Animal Production (AO), Biomedical Laboratory Sciences or other related sciences.
- The candidate should minimally have 1 year of full-time work in public or animal health-related fields in the public sector, such as: Public health-related vertical programmes/planning/management and policy positions at the national, provincial and district levels.
- Candidates should be full time employees in Ministry of Health or RBC, Rwanda National Police, and should be approved by their respective institutions to participate in the two year programme.
- Candidates should be computer-literate.
- The English proficiency is the requirement for the applicants
Duration: 2 Years
Mode of attendance : Day
II. Key dates
- Application deadline: 05th September 2020
- Starting date: 28th September 2020
III. Required documents for application
- A cover letter indicating the motivation to join the MSC Field Epi programme
- Notarised undergraduate degree
- Notarised transcripts
- Copy of ID or Passport
- Up-to-date CV
- Recommendation letter from the employer approving applicant to participate in the two year programme
- Applicants from countries where English is not the language of instruction in higher education must provide an English proficiency certificate from a relevant body or institution.
IV. Selection criteria
Potential candidates will pass an entry exam
Full scholarship will be provided to selected candidates
VI. Application process
- Go to UR Website (ur.ac.rw )
- Go to Admission, Applicant Portal and click to (New Application)
- Fill the Biographical Form and click (Save) at the end you will get “Your Student ID Reference Number”. Please keep this ID Number as it will be your ID identification for all transactions at UR
- Create a PIN of 5 numeric digits, do not start with a 0 (this PIN will serve as your password to access your student account), leave the page and open the link below.
- Candidates are requested to submit all required documents by using the Link: pgfile.ur.ac.rw/pgfile/findme.php
NB: All documents must be in PDF
The potential candidates will pass an entry exam.
If all required documents are not submitted, you failed to go to the next step. When your submission succeeds, you will find a message in your email box.
For any additional information, clarifications or inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact
- Mrs Peace KINANI, FELTP Manager/ School of Public Health on Tel: (+250) 788628701; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jocelyne MUTAGANDA, UR Postgraduate Studies Officer: Tel: (+250) 786147759; email: email@example.com