The University of Oulu International Scholarship Scheme provides scholarships to academically talented international students studying for a Master’s degree in the University of Oulu two-year International Master’s programmes or five -year Intercultural Teacher Education programme. The scholarships will be granted in the form of a tuition fee waiver covering 50% or 75% of the full tuition fee. Applicants can apply for the tuition scholarship as part of the admissions process. University of Oulu Scholarships do not cover living costs.
University of Oulu offers international scholarships in two different categories:
- 50% Tuition Fee Scholarship for Oulu Business School Programmes
- covers 50% of the tuition fee in a 2-year Master’s Programme in Oulu Business School International Master’s Programmes
- is granted for students who are liable to pay tuition fees and who are admitted in one of the following Oulu Business School International Master’s Programmes:
- Financial and Management Accounting
- International Business Management
- 75% Tuition Fee Scholarship
- covers 75% of the tuition fee in a 2-year Master’s Programme in all international programmes except Oulu Business School international master’s programmes and in a 5 -year Intercultural Teacher Education programme
- is granted for students who are liable to pay tuition fees and who are admitted in a 2-year international master’s programme or 5 -year Intercultural Teacher Education programme
In order to retain the scholarship in the following year of study, a student must have completed 60 ECTS by the end of the previous academic year. If a student does not achieve this requirement during the first year of studies, they will be liable to pay the full international tuition fee for the second year if they wish to complete their degree programme. An exception to this rule can be made if a student has been granted approved leave from studies (e.g. due to serious illness).
Eligibility Requirements to Apply for International Scholarship
Applicants are eligible to apply for a University of Oulu Scholarship 2020-21, if they meet the admissions criteria and are liable to pay the tuition fee. University of Oulu Scholarship can be received only once. The scholarship application will be processed in the selection procedure only if the applicant meets the admissions criteria.
Application for International Scholarship 2020-21
There is no separate application system for the International Scholarship. Applications for the International Scholarship are submitted together with the application for the preferred study option in Studyinfo portal.
The application period for the University of Oulu International Master’s Scholarships is January 8, 2020 – January 22, 2020 (15.00 GMT +2).
For more details,please visit https://www.oulu.fi/university/masters/scholarships