‘The Rwanda Youth in Agribusiness Forum (RYAF) is a nationwide platform whose purpose is to change the current perception among the youths vis-à-vis the agriculture sector in Rwanda, while orienting them to seize investment opportunities through awareness creation, skills development, and advocacy support services. The idea is to create a critical mass of change agents to influence transformation of agricultural business landscape with courage, determination and positive attitude.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
“The RYAF (through young graduates) under an MOU with RAB to implement Sustainable
Agricultural Intensification and Food Security Project (SAIP) is responsible for providing
technical know-how and support in the increase of agriculture productivity specifically in
horticulture crops, market access, and food security within SEIG and Cooperatives supported by SAIP Project and also to improve nutrition. RYAF will support the Water Users Associations in ensuring proper operation and maintenance as well as cost recovery through full collection of water fees among users Of the irrigation schemes that were developed under INH-RSSP Projects.
The project is being implemented in 8 Districts namely: Gatsibo, Rwamagana and Kayonza in the Eastern Province, Karongi, Rutsiro and Nyabihu in the Western Province, Nyanza in the Southern Province and Rulindo in Northern Province.
It is with this background that RYAF is looking a highly motivated young individual that will
collaborates with the Water Users Associations to rapidly improve technical and managerial
aspects and ensunng proper operations and maintenance of infrastructure.
Position :Water Users Association(WUA)Technician (1)
Working Place: Karongi District
Duties and responsibilities of WUA Technician includes but not limited to:
- Support and follow up seasonal water sharing schedule and revision according to urgency
- Support WUA in the preparation and implementation of the Annual Work plan and Budget.
- Support WUA in preparation of seasonal maintenance plans and cleaning schedule.
- Provide support to WUA in preparation of staff remuneration.
- Follow up water fee payment and usage per season
- Follow up operation and maintenance activities on a weekly and monthly basis
To qualify for this offer, these will be the key requirements:
1. Diploma A2 in any of these fields: Agronomy science, plumbing or any of related Field
2. No more than 30 years old
3. Experience and demonstrated proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and
openness to learning and working with new technology.
4. Strong verbal and written and listening communication skills.
5. Languages Skills in Kinyarwanda, English or French, knowledge of all is an advantage
6. Demonstrated attention to detail.
7. Being a resident of Karongi District will be an added advantage
The following are the key guidelines to apply for the above RYAF jobs offer:
1. Application letter addressed to the Corporate Liaison Manager,
2. Curriculum Vitae of not more than 3 pages with at least 3 professional references,
3. National ID,
4. Copies of academic certificate,
5. Soft copies must be submitted not later than January 7, 2021 at 2:00 Pm . Shortlisted
candidates will be contacted for the next stage of selection processes. Use the link below
to submit your application: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Gldb71FvMycMy_rHo7Z8JkQTf6xaqZR8qzhQFNArlZs/viewform?edit_requested=true