Instructions for Children’s poster contest dedicated to the 30th Anniversary of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
Entering the competition
- The drawing competition is open to children living in the Republic of Rwanda aged between four and sixteen years old (“You”). The Organizing Committee may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Competition.
- You can enter the Competition by sending the scanned file of your drawing to the e-mail: DELEGATION-RWANDA-PRESS@eeas.europa.eu(link sends e-mail) OR by bringing the hard copy to the EU Delegation, Kacyiru, Kigali in an envelope clearly marked “Children’s Poster Competition” with your NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, DISTRICT and GUARDIAN’S NAME, AND CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS OR PHONE NUMBER.
- The drawing must be in A4 or A3 size format and scanned in resolution 300 dpi. It should illustrate what ONE of the following rights means to you:
i – I have the right to be protected from abuse and harm and I should show care for others and not bully other children
ii – I have the right to be taken seriously and to share my views and ideas. I must also listen to others and respect their views and ideas
iii – I have the right to good quality education and I have to learn, do my homework, read and take part in the classroom
iv – I have the right to a clean and safe environment and I should find ways to keep my own surroundings clean and safe
- You may send only one entry to the Competition. The drawing should be drawn personally and not have been published in other newspapers or magazines.
- We must receive your entry to the Competition by 11:59 pm on 20th November 2019 – World Children’s Day. Entries received after will not be accepted.
- The Organising Committee, consisting of the representatives of the EU Delegation to Rwanda, UNICEF in Rwanda, will choose three winning entries for the Competition (one in each category of ages 4-8, 9-12; 13-16) as well as runners up.
- The winners’ drawings will be exhibited at event(s) celebrating the Rights of the Child. Winners and runner-up entrants will be invited to receive their prizes.
If you have questions you may contact Mr. Julius ZUBE at the EU Delegation to Rwanda: +250788198139 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail)(link sends e-mail)
Click on the document below to read further terms and conditions