We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer, not discriminating based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability. We offer competitive salaries and benefit packages. This recruitment drive builds on a similar drive last year.
In Western and Central Africa, the World Bank is a leading partner with a growing portfolio over 390 projects totaling more than $51 billion. We work in a variety of sectors, including agriculture, trade, transport, energy, education, health, water, and many more. We also work on tackling some of the major global challenges of our time, including climate change and global pandemics.
Are you ready to make an impact? Are you a development expert who is seeking new career challenges? Please apply online by October 12, 2022.
REQUIREMENTS AND FAQ
- Canadian Embassies Recruitment 2023/2024 : Open Jobs/ Vacancies
- British Council Recruitment 2023/2024 : Apply now !
- UN-Habitat recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application form
- UNHCR Volunteers recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application form
- World Food Programme ( WFP) Recruitment 2023/2024 : Apply now!
Can I apply? Yes, if you are:
- Interested in a local position in one of the offices of the Western and Central Africa region of the World Bank;
- Hold a Master’s and/or PhD Degree(s) with a minimum of 5-8 years of professionally relevant experience;
- A technical expert with development experience in the relevant areas;
- Fluent in oral and written English. French is also required for some positions.
What is the timeline of the recruitment process?
- Timing of the Application Process: September 15 – October 12, 2022
- Close of the Application Process: October 12, 2022
- Join the Mission – World Bank Recruitment Drive for Africa Event: September 30, 2022
- Expected start date of new hires: December 2022 – February 2023
Do you have any resources to help me prepare for the application?
- Preparation Guide (English, PDF)
- World Bank Group Interview
- Submitting a general application and job alerts for all jobs across the World Bank Group
- Programs and internships at the World Bank
- World Bank Units
What What is the Standard Language of the World Bank Group and What Level is Required?
- The standard language is English. We require a proficiency level, which means fluency in conversation and writing, as well as the ability to quickly summarize issues, prepare reports, and make a presentation. In addition to English, French is required (written and oral) for some positions, as described in the vacancy announcement. Interviews will be conducted in English. Candidates will be requested to demonstrate fluency in French for positions with this language requirement.
Can I Apply for Multiple Positions?
- Yes, it is possible. However, please check the Terms of Reference (ToR) and apply only for those positions for which you meet the application requirements.
I am Currently Working as a Regular Employee of the World Bank Group. Am I Eligible to Apply?
- This recruitment drive is primarily for those who wish to work for the World Bank Group. However, current staff who are interested in rotating positions are also welcome to apply.
What are the Employment Conditions and Benefits?
- The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan, medical, life and disability insurance and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
- Benefits for TERM appointments.
- Benefits for ETC appointments.
For more details,please visit https://www.worldbank.org/en/events/2022/09/30/join-the-mission-world-bank-recruitment-drive-for-africa-2022#2