MINEDUC-DAAD Joint PHD scholarships Program for 2018 (Deadline:10 June,2018)
The Government of Rwanda recognizes the need for qualified and skilled human resources to deliver on its socio economic transformation agenda. It has become imperative to depart from the traditional way of capacity building to a more strategic and focused approach that is aimed at achieving national priorities.
As you are aware, the Ministry of Education through the Higher Education Council (HEC) in collaboration with the German Academic Exchange Program (DAAD) is offering twenty (20) PhD scholarships to academic staff in higher learning universities as well as senior staff of research institutions.
The Higher Education Council (HEC) hereby informs the general public of the Joint available for academic staff members of public and private universities and in Rwanda for the academic year 2018/19.
The objective of the joint Ministry of Education (MINEDUC) and German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) scholarships is to award joint scholarships for training of scientific personnel in PhD programs in Germany.
The scholarships are open to staff members of Research Institutions (NIRDA, RAB, RBC, RSB, IPAR) in Rwanda.
The offer contains a full scholarship for a 3-year PhD (program) at a German university. Part of the scholarship is a 4-6 months German language course.
The scholarships are open to all fields of study, however the following priority fields are encouraged: Agriculture; Engineering, Education. Health Sciences, Natural Resources; Infrastructure, Information and Communication Technology /ICT.
Application documents to be submitted will be done ONLY ONLINE to the following website:https://portal.daad.de/sap/bc/bso/sap/z set cookie/setcooke.htm?fund ar=stv&id=57398664
The key application document is a scientifically sound research proposal (10-15 pages).
Other documents to be submitted are:
• Curriculum Vitae (use the Europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu and list ofpublications, if any
• Ph.D. proposal (10 —15 pages; 1,5 spacing; 2,5cm space left, 2cm right)
• Electronic copy of the proposal in word format, to be sent to above mentioned email
• Abstract of the proposal on one page (please include name and title of the proposal)
• Detailed work plan for 3 years including time schedule covering the whole period of the scholarship
• Confirmation from a German Professor stating that he/she will supervise the applicant for his/ her Ph.D thesis (in English) OR Admission/Eligibility letter from structured PhD Programme
• 2 recommendation letters of academic referees (in English; on particular recommendation forms, available on
the online portal)
• Master’s certificate (Not more than 8 years)
• Transcripts for each Year
• Bachelor’s certificate
Application deadline: June 10,2018
For more information,please download MINEDUC-DAAD JOINT PHD SCHOLARSHIPS PROGRAM FOR 201