Professional IT intern -VisionFund Rwanda (Deadline:March 19,2018)
POSITION: PROFESSIONAL IT INTERN
REPORTING TO: HEAD OF IT
This position is to provide client-based services in line with VisionFund Rwanda Credit and Savings activities and policies concerning information technologies.
Also this position ensures that Mobile Banking support is done on time including training and not forgetting also its scalability at all branches is enforced.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary and in compliance with IT policy
- Full daily Mobile Banking support to the clients by troubleshooting and analyzing the error given and working with MNOs where necessary
- Coordinating with all Branch Leaders, customer service assistants and Loan Officers and ensure clients are well trained on how to use M-hano and also how to link their bank account with their wallet
- Providing bi-weekly report to the management and Operation on the progress of M-hano client subscription
- Dual control on how users are registered in the system by checking charge account , account mapped and the validity of the phone numbers and share weekly report to Head of Operation and copy IT
- Handling and following up loan request initiated through M-hano and providing a daily report to the Management and Operation.
- Handling all other Mobile banking tasks raised
- Broadcasting (Message) to clients to advertise M-hano.
- Supporting all Branches by ensuring that they have all necessary forms to carry out mobile banking registration and requests
- M-hano tracking of all raised issues register book in place and shared by the management on weekly basis
- Any support regarding system, hardware and IT related support to be given on time thus having no user complaints regarding our support and in compliance with IT policy
- Manage Smart Display TV with the intended content being displayed, updated as requested to all savings branches
- Managing and testing of backup and recovery plans as per IT policy.
- Daily Monitoring of the server room
- Updating VisionFund Website in consultation with other departments as per IT policy
- Mastering the daily reconciliation of Mobile Banking with MNO’s how it is Rwanda Microfinance Subsidiary of World Vision done
- Mastering IT policy package
- Keep and maintain IT store room monitor and operate DVR when required
- Mastering MIS workflow and able to direct MIS officer as per the workflow
- working closely with VFR IT team to ensure good collaboration
- Report design and deployment using christal
- Report Completion of end month By Product and By Loan Officer and Expected report and share to management and Operation on time
- Ensure Trend and aging Reports are sent on time and on daily basis.
- Read and get a deep understanding of banking operation as per Operation manual
- Ensure all computers on company premises have antivirus installed and is up to date as per IT policy
- Fill and sign off daily/weekly/monthly activities done and file it
- Other tasks assigned by hierarchical supervisor.
- Basic knowledge about the Oracle Database;
- Basic knowledge about the SQL Database
- Knowledge of system reports design and development using crystal reports;
- General understanding of distributed computing architectures,
- General understanding of the underlying operating systems especially Linux and Windows server 2008;
- General knowledge of Networking and with hands on practice.
- Team worker combined with strong interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Good typing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and even odd hours
- Well organized, able to interpret data while paying attention to details
- Be a Rwandese by Nationality;
- Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology and any other related field;
- Not less than three years experience in a similar job.
- Having minimum age of between 24 and 28 years old;
If you have the required qualifications and personal attributes; and are fluent in English/Kinyarwanda we are willing to offer you a very rewarding and exciting career.
Please drop your application, CV, Copy of ID addressed to People & Culture Formerly called Vision Finance Company Manager at our Head office reception not later than 19th March 2018 at 4:30pm or Rwanda Microfinance Subsidiary of World send it to email@example.com