RwandaOnline Platform Limited is a technology solutions provider that develops e-government services critical to citizens and businesses. With our nation on a quest to become a “knowledge based economy’:
RwandaOnline’s VISION is to become the catalyst of the transformation of Rwanda through technology.
We are looking for a talented and creative mind to buy into our vision and join us on our journey to support Rwanda into the Digital age. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative and hardworking individual, we want you to fast-forward your career at RwandaOnline
Job Title : SOFTWARE ENGINEER I FRONT-END DEVELOPER
Reports to: Head of Technology
As a Software Engineer at RwandaOnline, you will lead development efforts by understanding our users, designing products and leading team work and development toward shippable effective and extendable products and services. You understand and educate yourself regularly on software engineering fundamentals and are pragmatic and driven to make a positive impact on the technology powering our products. You don’t accept the status quo and challenge your self and the team to come up with unique solutions. You are willing to learn, and willing to teach.
You will be charged with understanding our product domain, identifying technical challenges and opportunities and proposing strategies for your product area and then communicating standards and product roadmaps effectively.Seniority at RwandaOnline is based on the scope of impact. At the start of your career, it is about impact over your individual deliverables, then to impact on a specific product, then to impact on the platform, and finally the organization as a whole.
- Delivering a complete front-end application
- Develop User interfaces for Modern Rich Internet Applications with the latest front-end technologies
- Ensuring high performance on mobile and desktop
- Perform product analysis and development tasks of increasingly complex nature which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Make design and technical decisions for Angular JS projects.
- Develop application code and unit test in the Angular JS, Rest Web Services and Java technologies
- Cooperating with the back-end engineer in the process of building the RESTful API
- Write well thought out documentation of product descriptions and roadmaps that are concise and effective in communicating your assumptions, analysis and solutions.
- Impact others productivity through product design reviews, thorough documentation, technical guidance.
- Have empathy for our users and develop solutions with that perspective in mind.
- Continuous exposure to industry trends and our infrastructure. Continually seek innovations we can incorporate to give better services.
- Design and build integration strategies to enable new agencies and development partners.
- Identify technology opportunities for growth that enable RwandaOnline to grow as a business
- Be a team player. Build a culture of collaboration on your team and with our technical partners.
CORE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A degree in Computer Science, Information technology or other related field.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Strong expertise with HTML, CSS, and writing cross-browser compatible code.
- Experience with RESTful services
- Writing non-blocking code, and resorting to advanced techniques such as multi-threading, when needed
- Creating custom, general use modules and components which extend the elements and modules of core Angular JS
- Architecting and automating the build process for production, using task runners or scripts
- Creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments
- Experience with building the infrastructure for serving the front-end app and assets
- Familiar with testing frameworks
- Hand on and implements complex Angular JS applications, directives, controllers, services
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Good time-management skills
- Team player
Data Center Engineer like all RwandaOnline staff, will be evaluated on:
- Initiative – Proactively seek out opportunities to broaden your knowledge and Do not wait for the next project or idea to be handed to you. Articulate new ideas, seek guidance and reach out to leaders to follow your interests.
- Quality – Consistently build high quality work that is respected by Design well thought out systems and archi tecture that anticipate future needs.
- Prioritization – Manage multiple tasks and prioritize time Scope efforts effectively by distinguishing critical needs from tertiary requirements, consulting with various parties and colleagues as appropriate. Proactively offload areas of ownership to others.
- Independence – Operate independently with minimal Identify problems, gather facts, and make effective decisions while deferring secondary decisions until later. Don’t solve all problems alone, however, but engage with peers by bringing clear insights and objectives to drive problems to resolution.
- Effective Communication – Work effectively with others, keeping projects and teams aligned to common goals and aware of Help others when requested, and guide discussions to clear resolution.
- Coordination – Regularly available to others, on time and effective at Distribute work to others, making sure that no one is blocked and execution proceeds smoothly
How to apply
Deadline for application is on July 18th.
Beware of scammers-Remember that you should never have to pay for anything to get a job.
-Don't give out your credit card or bank account information over the phone to a company unless you're familiar with them and have agreed to pay for something. Anyone who has your account information can use it.
-If a company or organization is mentioned in an ad contact that company or check the official website to find out if the company really is hiring.