The Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWE) Rwanda Chapter is a pan-African non-governmental organization founded in 1997 to promote girls’ and women’s education. With headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, FAWE has a network of 34 National Chapters in 33 countries. FAWE Rwanda Chapter aims to build a world in which gender disparities in education are eliminated and Rwandese girls access education, perform well, and complete their studies. We promote gender equity and equality in education by fostering positive policies, practices, and attitudes towards girls’ education.
FAWE sources its funds from different development partners and flourishes through partnerships with various stakeholders.
FAWE Rwanda is seeking to recruit an experienced Finance Officer who has integrity and is results-oriented.
Job Title: Finance Officer
Reports to: National Coordinator
To provide guidance and technical support to FAWE Rwanda on proper financial planning and strategy, analyzing and reporting on financial performance.
Key Result Areas:
The incumbent will be charged with:
- Ensuring proper custody of accounting records
- Regularly updating books of accounts
- Receiving revenue and cash payments and issuing receipts;
- Coordinating departmental processes.
- Banking collected revenue and preparing reconciliation statements;
- Assisting in preparation of final accounts of the council;
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, and liaising with auditors for the audit of annual financial statements;
- Preparing forecasts and comprehensive budget
- Supporting the National coordinator and executives with projects and tasks when required
- Assessing, managing, and advising on minimizing financial risks
- Reconciling daily, monthly and yearly transactions
- Developing in-depth knowledge of the organizational process
- Supporting projects and tasks when required
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time, in line with the post.
- Professional qualification in accounting such as ACCA or CPA is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree majoring in accounting/ finance from a recognized university will be an added advantage.
- Work experience for at least 5 years in similar responsibility in a reputable organization with an annual budget not less than USD 1 million. Work experience in the NGO accounting department would be an added advantage.
- Multiple reporting to different donor requirements
- Experience with basic accounting software such as SAGE Evolution or QUICKBOOKS would be an advantage.
- Ability to work with the donor community
- Confidentiality and Ethical behavior
- Good interpersonal relations
- Time consciousness
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- Attention to detail
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application to email@example.com not later than 8th June 2020. Please indicate in the subject line: “FINANCE OFFICER” with the following attachments:
- Motivation Letter/Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of academic and professional credentials
- Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.