Reporting to: Senior Regional Representatives and/or country representatives and senior programme managers
Application closing: April 22, 2023
Interpeace is an international peacebuilding organization with programmes in East Central and West Africa and the MENA region. Our aim is to strengthen the capacities of societies to manage conflict in non-violent, non-coercive ways by assisting national actors in their efforts to develop social and political cohesion. Interpeace also works to assist the international community, particularly the United Nations, to play a more effective role in supporting peacebuilding efforts around the world. At the core of our work is our Track Six model, which is aimed at strengthening collaboration and trust horizontally between communities, and vertically between communities, civil society and authorities.
We apply this method on a range of thematic areas, including conflict mediation, participatory governance, mental health and psychosocial support, democratisation, gender and youth, security and justice sector reform, economic peacebuilding, trade and peace, cross border peacebuilding, amongst others.
To assist us in this work, Interpeace is establishing a roster of geographical and thematic subject matter experts for East, West, Central, Horn of Africa and the MENA region, and we encourage experienced consultants who have appropriate experience to apply.
- Horn of Africa
- Kenya (Especially North Rift and North Eastern)
- Great Lakes
- DR Congo
- West Africa
- Cote d’Ivoire
- Guinea Bissau
- Golfe de Guinee
- Other countries within MENA
- Security and Justice Sector Governance and Reform
- Security Sector Reform (community security, community policing, DDR, ceasefire monitoring)
- Justice Sector Reform (Rule of Law, Access to Justice, Transitional Justice; intersection customary/traditional and modern justice)
- Human Rights & Peacebuilding
- Conflict resolution, local ownership and inclusion
- Gender equality
- Youth engagements
- Design of locally led conflict resolution
- Peace education
- Hate Speech Prevention
- Peace Responsiveness & resilience
- Conflict Sensitivity / Do No Harm experts.
- Natural Resource Management
- Livelihoods, trade, livestock, transhumance
- Peace Dividends
- MHPSS & Peacebuilding
- Climate and Environmental Resilience
- Participatory Governance / decentralisation and local governance support
- Electoral Dispute Resolution & Electoral Violence Prevention.
- Electoral Support (civic education, voter registration, etc.)
- Constitution Making.
- General Programmatic Support.
- Facilitation (meetings, strategy processes, internal review etc.
- Business Development (Proposal writing, fundraising, budget development, commercial contracting, etc.)
- Programme management
- Localization Support (partnerships, strategies, etc)
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning & Analytical Programme Review
- Quantitative and Qualitative Research.
- GIS experts
- Graphic Designer
- Copy Editing & Translation
- Videographer with video editing skills
- Finance, Administration and Human Resources
- Team Building Facilitators,
- Leadership development
- Payroll developers
- Finance experts
- Language Experts
- Translators/Interpreters (French, English, Arabic, Swahili, Somali, Amharic, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, etc)
Education and Experience
- Tertiary degree in relevant fields to the position you are applying for.
- A proven track record of minimally five years of relevant working experience in the above-mentioned fields.
- Strong contextual knowledge on any of the above-mentioned geographical areas.
- For the Horn of Africa, fluency in English is key, fluency in other national languages is an advantage.
- For the Great Lakes, fluency in French and English is key, fluency in other national languages is an advantage.
- For the MENA, fluency in Arabic and English
- For West Africa fluency in French, fluency in English and Portuguese is an advantage
- Successful candidates will be automatically shortlisted for opportunities relevant to their geographical and thematic fields of expertise.
How to apply
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a complete curriculum vitae, a letter of interest including names of three references, and their daily rates to email@example.com and three examples of relevant work, e.g., written documents, videos, etc. Candidates will be added to the roster on the basis of their experience, the quality of their relevant work and value for money. Interviews and background checks will be conducted once experts are selected for specific assignments, which will usually be done on a competitive basis with other experts on the roster.
For more information about Interpeace, its values and working principles, please visit the Interpeace website www.interpeace.org.
The deadline to apply is 22nd of April, 2023
Interpeace values diversity among its staff and consultants and aims to achieve gender equality both through gender parity at all levels of the organisation and promoting a gender dimension in all its work. We welcome applications from women and men, and those with disabilities.