Literacy Boost Coordinator
World Vision Rwanda is a child-focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 28 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of Literacy Boost Coordinator. The position will be based at the Kivu cluster and Tunga Cluster reporting to the Duty Chief Party.
Purpose of the position:
To lead the implementation, coordination and technical support for McGovern Education Project. Contribute to achieving WVR’s Child Wellbeing Targets in designated district through planning, monitoring and implementing Education Technical Programme in line with applicable Technical Approaches and WVR National Strategy. The job holder will have technical accountability to oversee programs and geographical accountability by supervising all education activities in a specific Area Program.
The major responsibilities include:
End Results Expected
The position will lead the effective implementation of McGovern/USAID project interventions, ensuring coordination between APs, cluster, and the district technical staffs through open, timely, intentional and clear communication.
He/she will be responsible for Education & Life skills project planning and implementation in the district area;
Will liaise with the Education sector lead to promote literacy boost & Life skills activities for quality implementation of Education & Life skills projects models;
Achievement of Literacy targets in the project.
Good collaboration with District Education staff and other WV Education staff and.
Design Monitoring & Evaluation
Providing technical leadership for quality assessments, and development of district Detailed Implementation Plans
Working with M&E specialist to conduct the measurement of youth life skills, functional literacy, early grade reading and early grade math skills.
Supporting the Design Monitoring&Evaluaton team in the development of Education & Life skills programs monitoring system, development and/or adaptation of tools and adoption of the tools
Ensuring effective documentation of all the information related to Education & Lifeskills program successes, innovations and promising practices and disseminate through appropriate mechanisms.
Timely and accurate reports on project achievements
Documented learnings from project sites for decision making
Resource mobilization and Networking
Contribute to the production, and review of concept papers and proposals for funding agencies
Establish and maintain partnerships with key Education related departments at sector and district level
Up to date on up and coming education opportunities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
List education, knowledge & skills, licenses preferred and all experiences required to perform this position in a fully competent manner
Minimum education, training, License and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Pedagogy.
- Strong background in pedagogy, business entrepreneurship, and/or innovating community development
- Experience in instructional approaches, material development, instructional toolkit preparation, current classroom organization.
- Experience in providing technical support to district-level education personnel
- Ability to work with quality assurance officers, principals, teachers, and volunteers in education
- Interest and ability to relate positively to children, staff and parents.
- Ability to implement community participation strategy in the improvement of basic education
- Strong skills in networking with education sector stakeholders in the field as well as other network of educators or organizations.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English and Kinyarwanda
License, registration, or certification required to perform this position:
If applicable, include language requirement(s) as a minimum qualification for this position
- Motorcycle riding license desirable
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training
- knowledge on early childhood, disadvantaged children, formal and/or vocational education programming, designing, implementing and evaluating
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally with people
- Experience in developing sound proposal and concept notes
- Experience and skills in preparing instructional and training materials appropriate to the needs and interests of children, teachers, supervisors, principals and education personnel.
The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
N.B: Women are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process.
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on email@example.com (no applications will be accepted through this email).
The closing date for submission of applications is 29th March 2020; no late applications will be accepted.
As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.