Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Within the terms of the organization’s delegated authority, and under the direct supervision of the UN-Habitat National Technical Advisor, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Support the liaison with National, international partners and consultants working on the projects;
- Ensuring information flow and knowledge sharing among project stakeholders;
- Facilitating access to required information and documentations,
- Facilitation and organization of meetings for consultants and international actors working on projects;
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Support in planning, development and implementation of UN-Habitat projects;
- Overall activities oversight including monitoring of project’s results frameworks;
- Ensuring that the projects are being implemented according to all agreements and frameworks;
- Supporting in data collection and organization of related workshops and meetings;
- Supporting in the dissemination of the different UN-Habitat products obtained in Rwanda to support sustainable urbanisation.
- Support in the preparation of reports to ROAF, ONE UN in Rwanda, donors and government counter parts.
- Provides progress report (quarterly and annually projects report where required) to ROAF, ONE UN in Rwanda, donors and government counter parts.
Bachelor’s degree in Public or Business Administration, Economics, Social Sciences or other related fields with experience in programme support
Years of work experience: Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in administration and/or programme support services. He/she should have experience working with or collaborating with National and local government institutions and with international institutions.
- Good knowledge and skills in dealing with the administrative and project management system.
- Past work experience with government institution will be an asset
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Knowledge and experience of working with local partner agencies with a capacity to provide formal and informal training
- Proven ability to deal with multiple tasks in a courteous and service-oriented manner in a demanding working condition
- Ability towards analytical and creative thinking for rapid solutions.
- Flexible and adaptable
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- French(Optional), Level – Working Knowledge
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 26-05-2020